A resident in Mehlville, Missouri heard 3 booms and an explosion that was deafening Tuesday afternoon. She then grabbed her phone camera and captured video of what she later learned was a garbage truck that had caught fire.
There is no greater love than being willing to sacrifice your life for others. One Midwest man lived that principle as he saved 6 people including 4 children from a home on fire while suffering serious injuries to himself.
This is sadly a teachable moment about being careful when you buy a replacement battery for a device or appliance when one fails. One Missouri family had a battery go bad on their Dyson vacuum. They found a replacement for it on Amazon which eventually led to their home burning to the ground.
I was born and raised in Hannibal, Missouri and one of the iconic buildings downtown during my childhood was the Schwartz Funeral Home. That was until the night of the 4th of July in 1983 when it burned to the ground.