Wall chargers are a necessary part of modern life as most of us have many devices that need power. However, you should know that there's an emergency recall of more than a half million wall chargers sold in Illinois that are an extreme fire danger and multiple houses have already burned to the ground.

The United States Consumer Product Safety Commission just issued this urgent bulletin for a popular wall charger that has been widely available in Illinois Costco stores and also through Amazon. They are warning anyone with a myCharge POWER HUB All-In-One 10,000mAh portable charger that they are under recall which has resulted 120 reports of overheating including 2 residential fires that have cost their owners more than $160,000 in damages.

Costco
Costco
loading...

You need to look for the date code on the charger which is located here.

USCPSC
USCPSC
loading...

"Date codes included in this recall end with 21 or 22, or are one of the following four date codes ending in 23: 0123, 0923, 1523, or 1723."

Reports from many who purchased these in Illinois say they have experienced "melting, expanding, smoking, fire, burning, exploding, or sparking". Fortunately, the bulletin says there are no medical injuries directly caused by these chargers malfunctioning as of the date of this writing.

If you find you have one of these chargers, you can check the USCPSC bulletin for more details on how to received a replacement charger that does not suffer from this critical defect.

10 Walmart Products in Illinois Under Emergency Recall Now

Gallery Credit: United States Product Safety Commission/Canva

More From KICK FM, #1 For New Country