Here Is Your 2017 Dogwood Festival Schedule
The schedule for the 2017 Dogwood Festival (May 4-7) has been released and features several new events as well as traditional favorites. Below is a full schedule of events…
Thursday, May 4
- 7:00 p.m., Little King and Queen of Dogwood Pageant, Quincy Mall Center Court
Friday, May 5
- 11:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m., Concert in the Plaza, First Mid-Illinois Bank Plaza next to St. Boniface Church. Zeke Cernea is performing. You’re welcome to bring a lunch or purchase lunch from The Butcher Block food truck.
- 5:00 -7:00 p.m., Block Party, The Good Samaritan Home, 24th & Harrison.
- 6:00- 9:00 p.m., Block Party, St. James Lutheran Church, enter at 16th and Madison. For more information, call the church office at (217) 222-8447.
Saturday, May 6
- 7:00 a.m.–noon, Quincy Farmer’s Market opens, Adams County Health Department, 330 Vermont
- 8:00 a.m.–1:00 p.m., Charitable street donation for the Madonna House, 18th & State and 24th & Harrison
- 8:30 a.m., Breakfast on the Lawn, First Christian Church, 1415 Maine
- 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m., Amusement Rides, food, crafts in Washington Park. Events include the Mid-American Military Salute’s Human Foosball Tournament and dance performances.
- 9:30 a.m., Adams Fiber/Blessing Health System Dogwood Parade, 24th and Maine, proceeds west to 6th St.
- Noon-5:00 p.m., Renovation Concert Series, Washington Theater, 425 Hampshire.
Live performances scheduled:
Beau Becraft: Noon–1:00 p.m.
Kayla Obert: 1:00–2:00 p.m.
Jackie Kaufman: 2:00–3:00 p.m.
Liz Bentley: 3:00–4:00 p.m.
Avenue Beat: 4:00–5:00 p.m.
- 6:00 p.m., Dogwood Dance sponsored by the American Business Women’s Association (ABWA), at The Elks Club, 311 N 2nd Street. A buffet-style dinner will be served at 6:00. Dancing starts at 7:00 with music by Raised on Radio. Tickets are $25 and can be purchased in advance from any member or at the Chamber Office.
- 8:00-9:30 p.m., Dark River Derby Coalition season opener, Scotties Fun Spot, 8000 Broadway.
Sunday, May 7
- Noon-4:00 p.m., Amusement Rides, food, crafts in Washington Park
- Noon-5:00 p.m., Madonna House fundraiser at Down on the Corner (DOTC) Hog Roast, 2449 Illinois Highway 96, Ursa
- 1:00-4:00 p.m., Log Cabins Open House, Quinsippi Island
- 1:00-5:00 p.m., Quincy Preserves Spring Home Tour. Advanced tickets are $12 and can be purchased on the Quincy Preserves’ website, www.quincypreserves.org