Ferrari Sells for Record-Breaking $27 Million – Five Other Ridiculously Expensive Items!
Do you think this went for above or below Blue Book? According to CNN, a 1967 Ferrari convertible has fetched the highest price ever paid for a Ferrari at auction...$27.5 million! I wonder what the insurance is going to run on that?
It's always amazing to see the ridiculous prices that some people pay for certain items. For example:
- The highest-priced baseball card in history sold for $2.8 million.
- On Business Insider's list of the 17 Most Expensive Paintings Ever Sold, the cheapest went for $57 million. For comparison, you could buy two $27.5 million.
- Todd McFarlane spent over $3 million for Mark McGuire's 70th home run baseball.
- Nickelodeon bought the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for $60 million.
- In 2010, a buyer paid over $300,000 for a Barbie.
Not to judge anyone for making these purchases. If I wanted a $57 million painting, and found the $57 million painting I wanted, and had $57 million to spend on that painting, I'd buy it too. On the other hand, for that price I could get two Ferrari's and still come out ahead :)
If money were no object, what sort of ridiculously expensive things would you buy?