Don’t Answer Calls From These Area Codes if you Live in Missouri
Can we all agree that spam calls are just the worst? I get hundreds a month and it's getting so annoying. There's a new warning out of some area codes to avoid answering if you live in Missouri.
Normally, when I get a call on my cell and I don't have the number saved I just ignore it. If it's important they will leave a message and I will call them back. There is a warning for those in Missouri to avoid these five area codes because there are scammers tricking people who are falling for the scam.
Area Codes to Avoid
I know it's going to be hard to remember these area codes, but Social Catfish says these are the worst of the worst when it comes to scammer calls.
- 268 Area Code This area code is with Antigua and Barbuda but highly used be used by scammers for fraud.
- 876 Area Code is Associated with Jamaica, but scammers use this for forms of fraud, like lottery scams and work-from-home scams
- 473 Area Code This area code is from Grenada and Carriacou, and another fraud code used by scammers
- 649 Area Code This area code is from the Turks and Caicos Islands and is used in various types of fraud.
- 284 Area Code This area code is from the British Virgin Islands and is used by in various types of fraud.
How to Spot a Spam Call
The number one is the Caller ID. Again if you don't know the number call you don't answer the call. If you do and the caller is asking you personal questions, especially financial, like asking for your social security number HANG UP IMMEDIATELY. If the caller is pressuring you for information and saying you will get into legal trouble this is a spam call. The caller claims to be from so government agency, bank, or organization and asks for personal information.
Sometimes these calls are pretty obvious, and be careful to make sure that you are not a victim of a spam call or having money taken from you just don't answer the call and have the number blocked forever from the call again.