8 Times That “Hannibal Missouri” Was Mentioned on Jeopardy!
Every now and then I will watch myself watch an episode of Jeopardy!, and not get a single answer correct. But every now and then I get lucky. There have been a few times through Jeopardy's history when questions about Hannibal have made the show.
Let me set the stage. You're watching Jeopardy! and you see a category about U.S Tourism. The clue...
You can reach this town's convention & visitors bureau by calling 1-TOMANDHUCK...do you know the answer?
There have been at least eight questions I found about Hannibal that have been on the famous game trivia show. Let's see how you do!
List of Questions
- Show #1186 October 30, 1989 - Yes indeed, Hannibal, Mo. does have a memorial bridge named for this 19th-century citizen
- Show #1414 October 25, 1990 - Pilaster House in Hannibal, Missouri
- Show #2966 June 23, 1997 - He was 4 years old when his family moved to Hannibal, Missouri in 1839
- Show #2973 July 2, 1997 - In Hannibal, Missouri's fence painting contest, judges favor entrants who dress like this character
- Show #4008 January 23, 2002 - A statue of these 2 fictional characters stands at the foot of Cardiff Hill in Hannibal, Missouri
- Show #4376 September 22, 2003 - ...to Hannibal, Missouri, where we saw this author's boyhood home, & an actual cave featured in his "Tom Sawyer"
- Show #4653 November 24, 2004 - Prefabricated & shipped by steamboat to Hannibal, Mo., Pilaster House is a childhood home of this author
- Show #8158 February 12, 2020 - Beneath the Mark Twain Memorial Bridge in Hannibal, Missouri
There have been a few local constantans that have made it on the show in the past.
- Lucas Bergman from Quincy was a 1998 College Championship Quarterfinalist: $2,500 - he appeared on show #3165 which aired on May 8, 1998.
- Omar Mahmood was on season 14 show #3082 which aired on January 13, 1998, he lost all of his earnings on Final Jeopardy!
- Jason Washington from Quincy was on season 31 show #6913 which aired on October 08, 2014, and won $200.
- Bob Winthrop from Hannibal was a part of the 1988 Senior Tournament Quarterfinalist show #863 which aired on May 5, 1988 and earned $1.000.
You just never know what questions will be asked on the game show which has been on TV for over 50 years.
KEEP READING: 10 classic board games that will take you way back
How long it takes to binge 'The Office,' 'Game of Thrones,' and 50 other famous TV shows