Hy-Vee Has Issued a Recall of Cheese Due to Possible Listeria
It's time to check the fridge again as Hy-Vee has issued a recall of cheese due to concerns that it might be contaminated with listeria.
I first saw this cheese recall shared by Ozarks First. According to their report, cheese under the product name Saputo Cheese USA was shipped to Hy-Vee stores in Missouri, Illinois, Iowa and 5 other Midwestern states. The labels with the UPC codes under the recall are the following:
- 02-47309-00000 Cranberry Brie Torte (Brie Hostess)
- 02-47310-00000 Apricot Brie Torte (Brie Hostess)
- 02-47260-00000 Triple Crème Brie, Montamore Cheddar, and Aged Gouda Cheese Board
- 02-45920-00000 Sparkling Fruit and Cheese Board
- 02-46794-00000 La Bonne Vie Domestic Double Crème Brie (cut & wrapped)
- 02-46795-00000 La Bonne Vie French Double Crème Brie (cut & wrapped)
- 75450-12681 Bon Appetite Gift Basket
- 75450-12588 Deluxe Delights Gift Basket
The expiration date on the cheeses is between the end of September into December.
If you find that you have any of these cheese products from Hy-Vee, you are urged to return them to the store for a full refund. Their toll-free number is 1-800-772-4098.
Listeria is a nasty infection that the CDC says is especially dangerous for the elderly, pregnant women and children or anyone with a weakened immune system. Symptoms include flu-like characteristics like muscle ache and pains. Fever is also a symptom of listeria infection. For more info, you can check out the CDC website for this condition.