Here are The Best Places to Celebrate Easter
With Easter Sunday arriving this Sunday roughly 80 percent of all Americans are expected to observe the holiday in some way according to the personal finance website WalletHub who has put together a list of the best and worst cities for Easter Celebrations. The best city for Easter celebrations is Pittsburgh followed closely by St. Louis and Orlando. The bottom three cities showed Hialeah, Florida, at 100 with Las Vegas at 99 and Laredo, Texas at 98. In case you were wondering, Kansas City came in at 26 and Chicago at 66 on the list.
WalletHub’s number crunchers compared the 100 largest cities across 13 key metrics, ranging from “number of Easter egg-hunt events per capita” to “percentage of Christian population” to “Easter weather forecast” to formulate the list. Here is the top twenty cities on the list.
|Best Cities for Easter|
|1||Pittsburgh, PA||11||Minneapolis, MN|
|2||St. Louis, MO||12||Tampa, FL|
|3||Orlando, FL||13||Tulsa, OK|
|4||Cincinnati, OH||14||Miami, FL|
|5||Birmingham, AL||15||Portland, OR|
|6||Atlanta, GA||16||Las Vegas, NV|
|7||Buffalo, NY||17||St. Paul, MN|
|8||Washington, DC||18||San Francisco, CA|
|9||Honolulu, HI||19||Memphis, TN|
|10||Cleveland, OH||20||Baltimore, MD|
Comparing the Best & Worst
- Birmingham, Ala., has the highest percentage of Christian population, 63.11 percent, which is three times higher than in Colorado Springs, Colo., the city with the lowest, 25.18 percent.
- Birmingham, Ala., has the highest number of churches per 100,000 residents, 214.45, which is 16 times higher than in Hialeah, Fla., the city with the lowest, 13.34.
- Orlando, Fla., has the highest number of brunch restaurants per 100,000 residents, 49.16, which is 13 times higher than in Laredo, Texas, the city with the lowest, 3.67.
- Pittsburgh has the highest number of candy stores per 100,000 residents, 14.70, which is 34 times higher than in Hialeah, Fla., the city with the lowest, 0.43.
- San Francisco has the highest number of chocolate shops per 100,000 residents, 9.17, which is 29 times higher than in Corpus Christi, Texas, the city with the lowest, 0.32.
- Orlando, Fla., has the highest number of flower and gift shops per 100,000 residents, 101.91, which is 14 times higher than in North Las Vegas, Nev., the city with the lowest, 7.16.
- Honolulu has the highest average price of eggs, $3.81, which is two times more expensive than in Columbus, Ohio, the city with the lowest, $1.82.
- Laredo, Texas, has the highest percentage of children aged 8 and younger, 19.5 percent, which is two times higher than in San Francisco, the city with the lowest, 8.1 percent.
- Garland, Texas, has the highest number of Easter egg-hunt events per 100,000 residents, 1.29, which is 25 times higher than in Los Angeles, the city with the lowest, 0.05.
To read the full report, please visit: