Illinois Driver Services Facilities To Remain Closed Until 2021
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact Illinois Driver Services Facilities.
Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White has announced that all Illinois Driver Facilities will remain closed until January 5, 2021. Expired Driver's Licenses and ID Cards has been extended until June 1, 2021. CDL (Commercial Driver License) holders and commercial permit holders are excluded from this extension due to federal requirements.
Sec. of State Jesse White encourages everyone to use the online process to renew registration stickers. All you have to do it log onto cyberdriveillinois.com for renewals including:
- Renewing a license plate sticker
- Renewing a valid driver’s license for qualifying drivers
- Renewing a valid ID card for those age 22-64 (seniors 65 and older have free, non-expiring IDs)
- Obtaining a driver record abstract
- Filing Business Services documents, such as incorporations and annual reports
- Customers with issues involving administrative hearings may contact email@example.com.
I did renew by registration this past summer, and it was a simple process, better then waiting for you number to be called and wasting your lunch hour. From now on I will be renewing my registration online and avoid the DMV as much as possible.