Jonathan Van Ness to Bring Queer Eye Crew to Quincy
Quincy's most GIFable former resident, Jonathan Van Ness, aka 20% of the Fab 5 on Netflix's Queer Eye, is returning to the Gem City with the remaining 80% in tow, to film an episode of the hit show on our shores to celebrate and honor one of his favorite teachers.
Van Ness, Quincy High School class of '04, has been serving as the grooming expert on the hit lifestyle reality program, an update of the early 2000s show that ran for about five years. The past two seasons have been filmed in and around Atlanta, GA, with Season 3 filming Kansas City over the summer. And now they're set to come to Quincy.
Through my various sources, (yeah.... I have sources, I know people) it came to my attention that Queer Eye will be coming to town October 8th-11th to film an episode at Quincy Public Schools to honor and celebrate one of Jon Van Ness' favorite teachers, Mrs. Kathleen Dooley, current director of Music Education & Fine Arts with Quincy Public Schools.
Allow me to speculate for a quick second. They already filmed most of season three in Kansas City. That's all done, and filming for that wasn't going more than an hour away from the KC metro area. I don't know if you've pulled out a stopwatch recently, but we're much further than an hour away from Kansas City. If I had to put money on it, they're doing a special run of five episodes, each diving into a cast member's life, and celebrating someone from their childhood, or adulthood, who had an impact on their lives.
No further details are available (to me) at this time. But I'm looking forward to seeing this episode. Queer Eye streams on Netflix, and is one of the most heartwarming, positive, uplifting shows on television and I highly recommend you watch it.
Also watch the crossover special with Nailed It, the baking show. Actually just watch Nailed It, too. It's hilarious.