Where do Illinois, Missouri and Iowa Rank Among Most and Least Patriotic States?
A new study by WalletHub ranks the 50 states based in order of the most and least patriotic. Where do Illinois, Missouri and Iowa rank?
To identify the country’s patriotic hotspots, WalletHub compared the 50 states across eight key metrics, including measures such as military engagement, voting habits and civic education. None of the three states in the tri-state area rank in the top 10, although Missouri is close at #11.
The top 10 most patriotic states are;
- North Carolina
- New Hampshire
- South Carolina
The 10 least patriotic states are;
- West Virginia
- Rhode Island
- New Jersey
- New York
As you can see, Illinois ranks only #43, low enough to fall into the least patriotic states list. Iowa ranks #32.
Some other findings included;
- Red states are more patriotic, with an average ranking of 24.1, compared with 26.7 for blue states, with 1 being the most patriotic.
- Alaska has twice as many veterans per 100,000 residents as New York.
- Georgia’s military enlistment rate is three times as high as North Dakota’s.
- Voting rates were twice as high in Minnesota as in Arizona for the 2012 presidential election.
- Utah residents are three times more likely to volunteer than people in Louisiana.
- Vermont has 23 times as many Peace Corps volunteers per 100,000 residents as Mississippi.
You can see the complete rankings and much more information at WalletHub online.