Taste of Palmyra
The 6th annual Taste of Palmyra is today.
According to information provided by the Palmyra Chamber of Commerce and printed in the Palmyra Spectator, there are 36 arts, crafts and baked goods booths, along with nearly 30 Food Vendors, plus a number of games and activities for the kids including a trick-or-treat session. Several acts will perform on the entertainment stage, there’s an antique tractor & classic/unique car show, and so much more.
Thanks to poor planning on my part, I am unable to attend this year. My wife graciously asked if I wanted her to bring me back something to eat. I e-mailed her the following:
- Chicken ‘n Noodles from United Pentecostal Church
- Catfish Fillets from the VFW
- A Pork Loin Sandwich from Mission Hill Baptist Church
- Peach Cobbler from United Methodist Church
- A Cupcake from Maple Lawn Nursing Home
- Some Chili from Little Union Church
- A Funnel Cake from Dottie (Hi, Dottie!)
- A Cozy Spud from the Palmyra Jaycees
- Some Hot Wings from the Palmyra HS Cheerleaders
- A Walking Taco from Youth ‘n Christ
- A Ruben from the Old Stone House Inn
- BBQ Ribs from HATS
- And wash it all down with a bottle of Hillbylly Rootbeer
I hope she brings a big enough box to carry it home in.