Quincy Society of Fine Arts 2012 Awards to be Presented January 8
The 2012 City of Quincy Arts Awards will be honored with framed original artwork from the art students of Jennifer Teter, director of education, Quincy Art Center.
Quincy Mayor John Spring, Dustin Hall, Quincy Herald-Whig Multi-Platform Promotions Manager and Dave Boster, QSFA vice-president will present the awards at the January 8, noon meeting of the Quincy Rotary Club held at the Holiday Inn, 4821 Oak.
The 2012 City of Quincy Arts Awards are sponsored by WGEM-TV-AM-FM/CGEM, the Quincy Herald-Whig, the Oakley Lindsay Foundation and the Quincy Society of Fine Arts.
The deadline for nominations is Monday December 8. Forms are available at the Quincy Society of Fine Arts office, 300 Civic Center Plaza, or online atwww.artsquincyforyou.com.
Nominations for the 2012 City of Quincy Arts Awards will be accepted in four categories:
(1) Arts Organization: A nonprofit organization that has made a substantial impact on the cultural development of this area demonstrated through exceptional artistic achievement, outstanding programming or other leadership activities.
(2) Individual Artist /Teacher: A living artist or teacher, residing in Adams County, who has made a significant contribution in his/her artistic discipline and to the arts in Quincy and Adams County in Illinois.
(3) Business Leadership: A local business or corporation that has demonstrated a significant commitment to the arts, recognizing the imperative role of public/private partnership. This commitment may be in the form of financial, personnel and/or research.
(4) Individual Volunteer Leadership: A volunteer who has consistently supported the arts through a commitment of personal time, energy and devotion.
The 2011 City of Quincy Arts Award winners were:
* Historical Society of Quincy and Adams County, Arts Organization
* Media Development and ETC Computerland, Business Leadership
* John Gebhardt, Volunteer Leadership
* Brandon Thomsen, Individual Artist/Teacher
For additional information call the Quincy Society of Fine Arts @ 217-222-3432.