Josh Thompson Coming to Hannibal – Five Fun Facts About Josh
Big news broke on April 11 when the Hannibal Jaycees announced that Josh Thompson will be appearing at Tanyard Gardens during National Tom Sawyer Days. Josh is an up-and-comer in country music, and for those that aren’t familiar with him, we thought we’d share some interesting facts about his career and music.
1. Josh Thompson’s debut album, ‘Way Out Here,’ went Top 10, and he just released his second album, ‘Turn it Up,’ at the beginning of April. However, ‘Turn it Up’ is actually the third album Josh has recorded. Before releasing his follow up to ‘Way Out Here,’ Josh went through a change in record labels, which led to the project being shelved. Josh owns the master recordings for his original second album, and may release the material at some point.
I don’t know what I’m gonna do with it. I may split it up and put it out as EPs, I may put it out as one record, I don’t know. I’m still very proud of it, but it was time to move on and get a fresh start completely – fresh label, fresh songs, fresh producer, fresh everything.” – JoshThompsonOfficial.com
2. Josh is an accomplished songwriter. He has written for artists like Jason Aldean, Gary Allan, Brad Paisley and Colt Ford. Thompson wrote nine of ten tracks on ‘Turn it Up.’
3. The music studio where Josh recorded ‘Turn it Up’ is legendary in Nashville. It is now owned by rock artist Ben Folds, and musicians like George Strait, Waylon Jennings, Dolly Parton and Kacey Musgraves have all done work there. Non-country acts that have been clients at the studio have included The Monkees, Billy Joel, Tony Bennett and The Beach Boys.
4. Josh Thompson secured a publishing deal eight months after moving to Nashville in 2005. Before launching his music career, Josh worked in construction.
5. Show Dog – Universal Music is Josh Thompson’s current record label. Show Dog – Universal Music came about as a result of a merger between Toby Keith’s Show Dog Nashville and Universal Records South. Keith still serves as principal of the company.
The Hannibal concert is scheduled to be in Tanyard Gardens on July 3.Tickets are now available online, and paper tickets will distributed to local ticket outlets soon.