It’s Monday, My Seventh Favorite Day Of The Week
I hope you had an outstanding weekend, cause it's Monday. And, well...it's Monday. There's a good chance you'll need all the positive vibes from the weekend to propel you through my seventh favorite day of the week...Monday. I've come up with a list of things I like to do on Monday to help me forget it's Monday. Perhaps there's something in my scrapheap of thoughts that can help you deal with this day. Or perhaps not.
- Name the cows I see next to highways 61 and 172 after past presidents and congressmen. It helps when I can imagine that politicians are cattle instead of actually passing laws that are killing our freedoms.
- Pretend my co-workers are actually cast members from Jersey Shore...although my boss apparently is not amused by being referred to as "The Situation".
- Curl up in the fetal position in the corner of the room and cry out to my mommy who's name I refer to as "Tuesday". I ask her to please come rescue me from Monday as quickly as she possibly can.
- Call my cousin Matt Holliday, left fielder for the St. Louis Cardinals and ask him why he doesn't have us over for dinner more often. (Note: I don't really do this. This is just another blatant attempt to make people believe that I'm related to him)
- Arrange an elaborate in-studio broadway play using only available office equipment similar to what they did on Gilligan's Island on the one episode.
By the way, did I mention that originally Mr. and Mrs. Howell didn't have names on Gilligan's Island? Here's proof:
Oh yeah. That's the other thing I do on Monday. Watch obscure YouTube videos about Gilligan's Island. Hopefully your Monday turns out OK. As for me, it's time to get back to naming the cows.