What Kids REALLY Want This Christmas
With Christmas 17 weeks away, one big box store has already announced their top toys of the holidays.
Before you know it, the most wonderful time of the year will be here. Have you asked your kids what they want Santa to bring them? I have already started my holiday shopping and a new list has just been released to help you find that perfect gift this year. Walmart has put out the Toys of the Holidays list which is rated by the hardest critics around: kids.
There are three categories for toys: Interactive & Collectible, Make'em Move, and Life-Like Licenses. So what's the hot toy for 2017? In the Interactive & Collectible category, for the second year in a row, Hatchimals top the list. However, be careful Mom and Dad (and Santa) as a new version is coming out in October. Also making the Interactive & Collectible List:
- littleBits Star Wars Droid Inventor Kit
- Num Noms Nail Polish Maker
- FurReal Friends Roarin' Tyler The Playful Tiger
- Barbie DreamHorse & Doll
In the Make'em Move category, the Frozen Sleigh (Walmart exclusive) wins the top spot (this thing looks freakin' awesome). It's like a Power Wheels vehicle, but looks like a sleigh covered in blue (of course). Also making the list:
- Adventure Force Light Command Light-Up Motorized Blaster (Walmart exclusive)
- Monster Jam Grave Digger (*Walmart exclusive)
- Huffy Electric Green Machine Trike
- VTech Pop-a-Balls Drop and Pop Ball Pit (Walmart exclusive)
- Dusty the Super Duper Garbage Truck
And finally in the Life-Like Licenses (where kids can bring their favorite characters to life) the Imaginnext DC Super Friends Batman Batbox Xtreme. Ummmm that's a heck of a name for a toy. Here's more of the top toys in this category:
- Paw Patrol My Size Lookout Tower
- Disney/Pixar Cars 3 Ultimate Florida Speedway
- Mickey and the Roaster Racers Transforming Hot Rod Mickey
- Disney Juinor Doc McStuffins Baby All in One Nursery
In the weeks to come, I'm sure we'll see plenty more lists and "top toys". But don't wait too long, or you'll be paying way more for the hot items (if you can find them at all). I mean, at least we have a head start and can plan and SAVE.
Let the countdown begin.