The Worst Hit Songs in Country Music?
Hey we can’t all like everything. In fact I doubt anyone likes every song they hear on the radio or anywhere else for that matter. Variety is the spice of life after all and with variety comes some things you like… some things you don’t.
The Boot asked it’s readers what their LEAST favorite country hits were. Here are the top or “bottom 10″ they came up with in order with #1 being the “worst.”
10. Shania Twain- That Don’t Impress Me Much
9. Jason Aldean- Dirt Road Anthem
8. Sugarland- Stuck Like Glue
7. Tracy Byrd- Watermelon Crawl
6. Kenny Chesney- She Thinks My Tractor’s Sexy
5. Big & Rich- Save A Horse (Ride A Cowboy)
4. Trace Adkins- Honky Tonk Badonkadonk
3. Taylor Swift- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
2. Billy Ray Cyrus- Achy Breaky Heart
And the worst country hit ever according to readers of The Boot…
1. Toby Keith- Red Solo Cup
I must throw out there that Taylor Swifts song on this list was not really a “hit.” It failed to reach the top 10 on the country charts and quickly disappeared… which we don’t consider being a bona-fide hit… but it did have it’s 3 and a half minutes in the spotlight and the readers hated it so much that even without staying power it stuck in their craw. That alone has to be worth something. (?)
What is your opinion of this list? What should or shouldn’t be on it? Comment below and let us know.