Thanksgiving Recipes #3 – Green Bean Casserole
My wife and others tell me this is a Thanksgiving favorite, but I don’t recall ever having this growing up. Now that I have been married for nearly 20-years, my wife has made this a tradition – and I enjoy it!
When I asked her for the recipe, she told me that she just “wings it”. Here is what she gave me:
- 4 to 5 cans of French Cut Green Beans
- 1 to 1 1/2 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1 jar of Hormel Bacon Pieces
- 1/4 to 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced thin
- 8 oz Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 can French’s Fried Onions
Mix 1/2 of the Cheddar and 1/2 of the Fried Onions with the rest of the ingredients, and place in a 9 x 13 pan. Use the rest of the Cheddar & Fried onions as a topping. Bake at 350-degrees for 30-45 minutes (should be bubbling). Serves 8-12.
On the next Thanksgiving recipe episode: Is it “stuffing” or “dressing”?