Salvation Army Tree of Lights Christmas Campaign Kicks Off
The Quincy Salvation Army will begin the Christmas season with the annual Tree of Lights Christmas Kick-off Dinner.
The event will take place Friday, November 15 at 6pm at the Kroc Center at 405 Vermont Street. This year’s campaign chairs will be introduced along with the announcement of the 2013 campaign goal.
Each year community leaders step up to serve as honorary chairs of the Christmas campaign, further extending the outreach and effectiveness of the efforts of The Salvation Army. The Salvation Army is pleased to announce The John and Carrie Lavery family as the 2013 Christmas Campaign Chairs.
The Salvation Army provides a variety of programs and services to assist families in need in the greater Adams County area. Following are a few examples of ways The Salvation Army has given a hand up to neighbors in need.
The Salvation Army Family Services office has provided the following assistance during 2013:
- 21,288 individual instances of assistance were given.
- 390 individuals received 3,524 nights of lodging at the Emergency Shelter.
- 16,658 meals were provided to shelter residents.
- 431 individuals participated in life skills classes.
Also, during the 2012 Holiday Season…
- 1,071 families received Christmas Food Baskets.
- 1,705 children received toys for Christmas.
- 901 individuals were provided dinner on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Volunteers are also an important part of the Christmas season and are needed to assist with many Christmas programs and activities, especially bell ringing. Please contact Alisa Elkins for more information about volunteer opportunities at (217) 231-5633.