Oscar Best Picture Nominees – What Will I See?
The Oscars are this Sunday. Nine films have been nominated for Best Picture ranging from little known flicks to mainstream hits. I have not seen any of them…yet.
- Amour – not interested
- Argo - I really want to see this
- Beasts of the Southern Wind - not interested
- Django Unchained – I want to see this, but some critics I follow didn’t have good things to say about this.
- Les Miserables – This will be one of those movies where my wife will end up renting, and I will be stuck watching with her.
- Life of Pi - Several people have said this is a great movie. I have no interest in seeing this…unless the above scenario occurs.
- Lincoln - I am interested in the historical aspect, but not interested in the drama. I might see this.
- Silver Linings Playbook - I have heard nothing but good things about this movie. I want to see this more than any other movie on this list.
- Zero Dark Thirty – not interested.
Some of the past Best Picture movies I can watch again and again:
- Forrest Gump 1994 – “Stupid is as stupid does…”
- Driving Miss Daisy 1989 – “I’m trying to drive you to the store!”
- The Godfather 1972 – “I’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse…”
- The Godfather Part II 1974 – “My father’s name was Antonio Andolini, and this is for you!”
- Patton 1970 – “That’s why Americans have never lost, and will never lose a war…”
- The Apartment 1960 – “When you’re in love with a married man, you shouldn’t wear mascara.”
Are there some Oscar winning movies you would see again and again? Are there any movies you think should have received at least an Oscar nomination? Please share your thoughts below.