Music, Marshmallows and Mistletoe – Holiday Event in Hannibal Scheduled on Saturday
Saturday will be a busy day in downtown Hannibal. In addition to the monthly Second Saturday Gallery Walk, several holiday-themed events are being planned during Hannibal’s Hometown Christmas, including the second annual Music, Marshmallows and Mistletoe event from Hannibal Parks and Recreation.
Mary Lynne Richards, assistant supervisor for promotion and planning with Hannibal Parks and Recreation, says that the event will include live music and treats for the entire family, “There will be music playing from 5 to 6 p.m. Saturday December 14 at the Y Men’s Pavilion, 105 Hill St. The Pirate Pride Singers, a group of fifth and sixth-graders from Eugene Field School, will sing holiday music. There will be a bonfire for warmth and some marshmallows for roasting. Hot chocolate will also be available.”
The full list of Christmas activities scheduled for Saturday, according to VisitHannibal.com:
- “A Clemens Christmas” 2PM – Mark Twain Museum Gallery, 120 N. Main. Free. Director Henry Sweets will discuss Christmas in the Clemens household and master storyteller Gladys Coggswell will read Twain’s “letter from Santa”.
- Living windows – watch Historic Hannibal’s Main Street Windows come alive with scenes of holiday merriment. From classic to cheeky, our downtown merchants get creative!
- Honor Tree – Make a donation to the Wounded Warriors fund and receive an ornament to decoratein honor of a special military hero in your life. This red, white & blue-lit tree is proudly on display in the historic downtown, honoring those that have sacrificed so much for our country. Located at the corner of Main & Bird St.
- Children’s activities – Enjoy a variety of children’s activities in the downtown area during this festive evening. From candy canes to photo ops, the kids will have a ball!
- Caroling – enjoy the Christmas spirit with lively carols in the Historic Downtown
- Santa – enjoy a lively atmosphere, and of course…Santa! Have your pic taken with ol’ St. Nick for some lasting Christmas memories.
- Store specials – coupon sheets will be available from participating downtown merchants and gift baskets will be given away at the end of the evening (see coupon sheet for details.)
- Music, Marshmallows & Mistletoe – Roast a marshmallow over the open fire while enjoying the sounds of Christmas at the Y Men’s Pavilion, 100 Hill St. 5-6 PM 573-221-1656. Sponsored by the Hannibal Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Jingle Ball Fest of Ales – Featuring live music, craft beer and Christmas cheer! Prizes for ugliest Christmas sweater, and best mustache. Event begins at 6 PM. 573-221-6545. Sponsored by the Hannibal Arts Council and Golden Eagle Distributing.
- Second Saturday Gallery Walk 5 – 8 pm. Wander from gallery to gallery and enjoy a special Christmas treat with guest artists, food, friends and extended hours. Whether you come with friends or come alone, you’ll have a great time. • 573-221-6545