See Josh Gracin at Lumiere Place Hotel & Casino in St. Louis
Remember when Josh Gracin first appeared on 'American Idol?' Remember how for quite a while no one remembered his name, they always just referred to him as "the Marine on 'American Idol'?" He came in fourth on the second season of the show, then released a gold album and charted hits like 'Stay With Me,' 'I Want to Live,' and his best-known song, 'Nothin' to Lose.' The "Marine on American Idol" will be appearing at the Lumiere Place Casino and Hotel in St. Louis on March 14.
Gracin will be performing a 7 p.m. show and a 9:30 show on Friday, March 14 at the Lumiere Theatre. Ticket prices range from $15 - $30. The shows are only open to those 21 and older.
A few interesting facts about Josh Gracin:
- Even though Josh Gracin is best-known as a country artist, he only performed two country songs - 'Ain't Going Down 'til the Sun Comes Up' and 'Amazed' - from the semifinal round through his top four finish on 'American Idol.'
- Because of his commitment to the U.S. Marine Corps, Gracin was unable to participate in the American Idol Finalists Tour following his appearance on the show.
- Gracin performed at the Grand Ole Opry as part of a national talent competition when he was 16 years old.
- While it has been a while since Gracin has released a hit single on country radio, his song 'Long Way to Go' reached the Top 20 on the Adult Contemporary Chart in 2011.
- After the controversial performance of Miley Cyrus and Robin Thicke at the 2013 VMAs, Gracin posted an open message to Billy Ray Cyrus on his Facebook and Twitter accounts which prompted numerous responses from fans, the media, and critics. Gracin later issued a formal statement standing behind his remarks.