Interesting Facts About the Indianapolis 500
Some of those facts include:
- $3.5 million is the current value of the Indy 500 trophy.
- $431 million is the Indy 500’s economic impact on the city of Indianapolis.
- 14.5% is the percentage increase in the average ticket price from 2014.
- There are six former winners in this years field and two first time drivers.
- 40 is the age of the oldest driver in this years race.
- There are 33 cars in the starting field.
- 1.3 gallons of gas are burned by each car on each lap.
- With all the people at the race, the speedway would rank as the 45th largest city in America on race day.
- The average ticket price to this years race is $185.93.
- The winner of this years race will make $2.49 million dollars.
- 2.5 miles is the distance of one lap around the oval.
More interesting facts and information is available from Wallethub. Enjoy the race!