Headed to the QHS vs QND Game on Friday? You’ll Want to Read This First.
The Quincy Police Department released the following regarding parking options and street closures on Friday, October 21 due to the QHS vs. QND football game at Quincy Notre Dame High School.
In advance of Friday night’s QHS vs QND football game at Quincy Notre Dame High School, the Quincy Police Department would like to notify the public of several matters involving the area around the school.
There will be no parking in the following locations beginning at 8:00 am on Friday morning to midnight on Friday night:
- The south side of Jackson from 9th Street to 12th Street
- The West side of 9th Street from Van Buren to Harrison
- The north side of Harrison from 8th to 9th Street
- There will be no parking signs on the east side of 9th Street from Van Buren to Harrison, however, this location will be used as supllemental handicapped parking for the event.
- There will be a street closure on 9th Street from Jackson to Van Buren
The Quincy Police Department expects parking to be limited in the neighborhood and would encourage the public to plan their travel time to arrive early if they expect to be there for kickoff. The Quincy Public Schools will have a shuttle bus from Quincy Junior High School to QND beginning between 5:00 pm and 5:15 pm. The shuttles will load and unload on 14th street, in front of the main entrance to QJHS. For those riding the shuttle, parking will be available in the QJHS and school board parking lots near 14th and Maine as well as street parking in that area. The shuttle drop off and pick up location at QND will be on the south side of Jackson between 9th and 10th street. The last shuttle from QND to QJHS will be one hour after the game ending buzzer.