Are You Ready For the Zombie Apocalypse?
There are 3 things in life that are sure things. Death, taxes and the impending zombie apocalypse. The first and last things could have a connection. Luckily there are resources that can help.
While wandering aimlessly around the radio station today I came across this beacon of light in a dark and fading world…
Yes The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection From The Living Dead. Max Brooks is here to save us. There is a lot of good, useful stuff in this book. Weapons and combat techniques, defending your home or public space, what to do when on the run, how to go on the attack, a complete list of recorded zombie attacks from 60,000 B.C. to 2002 and a ton more. Max is very specific about everything you’ll need to do as well. That’s going to be helpful. Going into something unimportant like a job interview or political campaign unprepared is OK. But we’re talking zombies here. The difference between life and death could very well be in the details. Thank you Max Brooks.
I don’t want to give too much away… you need to get your own copy… but I will share the top 10 lessons for surviving a zombie attack from the back cover…
1. Organize before they rise
2. They feel no fear, why should you?
3. Use your head, cut off theirs
4. Blades don’t need reloading
5. Ideal protection = tight clothes, short hair
6. Get up the staircase, then destroy it
7. Get out of the car, get onto a bike……. (I’m not sure I agree with that one)
8. Keep moving, keep low, keep quiet, keep alert
9. No place is safe, only safer
10. The zombie may be gone but the threat lives on.
Words to live by. Literally I mean. Max has even included several pages to use as an outbreak journal so you can study the habits, movement and overall zombieosity of the particular situation you find yourself in.
Get this book. Save yourself. It’s only a matter of time before the greatest threat to humanity since the reality tv craze started gets into full swing.
Good luck and Godspeed.