Annoying Things That People do on Facebook
Two things are very clear in the world of social media... a whole lot of people like to use Facebook, and a whole lot of people get annoyed by how others use it.
Social media can be great. I mean, it is great... most of the time. It can also be a source of frustration, annoyance and even downright anger for a lot of folks. It easily opens the door for conversations with strangers, and sometimes friends, that we'd probably never have in regular life, and that can become... well... contentious. Social media is both a good way to make friends and enemies. It's a good way to "discover" things about your friends that may annoy you as well. Hopefully most people can see such things as quirks and not take them too seriously.
With that in mind, I asked my Facebook friends what annoys them about the posting habits of others on their friends lists. There were a lot of responses. I think we all may have too much stress in our lives. :) That probably goes without saying.
So here are my completely unscientific findings from polling anyone on my own Facebook page who cared enough to comment. Thanks to all of them for helping me get my "work" done. Some of the most annoying things people do on Facebook include...
- posting about politics
- too many selfies
- vague booking, or posting something lacking in detail and often in a dark tone, which we all see as a cry for attention
- posts about mundane things someone is doing, like "just did the laundry."
- workout and/or exercise updates
- people using bad grammar and spelling
- people who too often correct other people who use bad grammar and spelling
- product or sales pitches
- vote for my cute kid in some contest plea's
- posting of multiple statuses about the same topic within minutes... often having to do with a sporting event
- use of abbreviations that others don't understand
- posts including inside jokes
- drama and/or posting too much personal information, especially when it's negative toward someone else
- posting about non emergency medical ailments... like "I have a headache."
- posting about how bored you are
- pets used as profile pictures
- posting a lot of food pictures
Those are some of the more "popular" responses I got from friends. If you do one of more of these things don't worry, it doesn't make you a bad person and no one will stop being your friend. Well... that shouldn't happen anyway. It's just Facebook after all.